Taxes For Travel Nurses

With so many considerations at play, it can be difficult to navigate the world of taxes for traveling nurses and medical professionals. An expert can help guide you and give you peace of mind.

Looking For Help With Your Taxes?

At Universal Tax Professionals, we specialize in taxes for travel nurses and other traveling medical professionals. Traveling can cause tricky federal and state tax issues and our goal is to make sure you pay as little federal and state taxes as possible. We offer a personalized approach that maximizes legitimate deductions and avoids ones that you’re not legally entitled to. The result is accurate returns, maximum saving and peace of mind.

Working as a travel nurse is an exciting possibility for nurses, offering the prospect of traveling and working wherever they wish, while receiving tax-free stipends to cover their expenses of travel, meals and housing.

But it’s crucial for nurses considering travel nursing to understand that certain IRS tax rules must be followed, in order to qualify for tax-free treatment of their travel, meals and housing expenses.  Adding to the complexity when working in different states is the tangled web of state tax rules: with the exception of 9 states (Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wyoming), each state taxes wages according to its own set of tax rules, and as a travel nurse, you may need to file a nonresident state tax return in each state you work in, as well as in your home state.

Contact a US Expat Tax Professional

Contact Form (Travel Nurse)

Contact a Travel Nurse Tax Professional

We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously. You can read about it our Privacy Policy